Epping Forest turned out in force yesterday to re-elect Eleanor Laing with an increased majority and a largest share of the vote in the history of this constituency. Eleanor won 31,462 (62%) an increased majority from 27,027 (55%) in 2012.
"I'm enormously privileged to be elected once again as the Member of Parliament for Epping Forest and although I can't see all those who did the hard work may I thank each and every one of you for everything you've done this momentous evening.
Also, I'm extremely grateful to everyone who has contributed to making this exercise in democracy so smooth and so harmonious.
"May I also congratulate my opponents. It was a hard fought fight and I'm very grateful for the spirit in which they fought it.
So I will say no more other than to thank you again and to say I'm deeply honoured to be a member of parliament again.”
- A fairer society where success is based on merit not privilege
- Affordable homes while protecting our precious green belt
- Opportunity in education and confidence in the NHS
- Effective policing and immigration control
- A strong economy where everyone plays by the same rules
- A global, outward-looking, united country that we are all proud to call home